REDSLITHER

Reptiles, Games, Game Reviews, Information, Forum, Blogs, Download links and more...

Forums

Forum Home > Movie Discussions (not personal reviews) > How to Train your Dragon 1&2 General DIscussions

REDSLITHER
Site Owner

Questions are welcome. Only state facts if you have actually seen the movies. Everyone please keep it clean, we can all be adults about this. thanks =)

Some examples for good topics are :  Why are the women mostly background characters (some even say voiceless beisdes a few), morality of the movies, movie theories, does good and evil play the main role? , conflicting ideas between movies one and two, etc.

My biggest question for myself, and keep in mind i only posted this after finding NO answer to my question elsewhere, I personally don't understand why toothless can't fly AT ALL, without that one little tail peice....

I see in the movie that he cant even get off the ground or even a starting flight... and it just makes no sense to me, i think the movie was not realistic in this... am i wrong? someone help me out here. The only semi answer i was able to find was this : LINK: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON WIKI

Which says this(QUOTE FROM WEBSITE WORD FOR WORD) 

"Before the movie, Toothless was able to fly by using his large wings for propulsion, broad maneuvers and lift, while his smaller tail fins allowed him to turn, and control altitude. However, when he lost his left tail fin, he became unbalanced and was unable to maintain stable fight."- how to train your dragon wiki 

Me personally i think that it contradicts what the movie portrays. In the movie Toothless was completly unable to fly at all.  however i beleive that it would have been more accurate and realistic. Toothless should have been able to fly to an extent without that tail peice, he has VERY large wings that should have had no problems lifting him straight up and out of that large pit/hole that he was stuck in at the begining of movie one. why would he need that tail peice to lift himself up?? They even said that the tail peices were for turning and meneuvering, while his main wings were for LIFT, and propulsion. AKA there was no reason why he couldnt get out! lol BUT if he had been able to get out and fly to some extent, it wouldn't have worked for the movie at all. if you carefully watch the scene of Hiccup watching Toothless trying to get out it doesnt even make sense. Toothless is doing weird body movements that to me dont even make sense on how it would help him get out. You see him kinda tuck his tail under his body which to me doesnt even make sense. Any comments or explanations are welcome or if you simply want to talk bout another topic that is fine too. thanks everyone.

--

REDSLITHER

September 20, 2016 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

505 views - 0 comments

Featured Products

No featured products

Subscribe To Our Site

CHAT

Outside Links

Pythonregius.com: AKA Constrictors Unlimited. Mike Wilbanks is a well known Ball python breeder. He is my main source of ball pythons for those of you who want snakes like mine this is your "go to " guy. =]

Zoids Battle Legends guide for Gamecube : This guide tells you how to unlock special characters, zoids and other game modes. ZOIDS BATTLE LEGENDS is gamecube exclusive and also really hard to get now.

AnimeFever.org: A website dedicated to all anime shows. You can find almost everything here. =] They even have all the seasons of awesome anime shows. Recently undergone some changes. Check it out.

SHUSH.SE Watch Game of Thrones FREE : its more than just game of thrones, there are other TV series such as The Walking Dead, Lost, Teen Wolf, American Horror Story, The Vampire Diaries, The Office, True Blood, and even older ones like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Supernatural, Charmed, South Park, and two of my favorites Once Upon A Time and Sleepy Hollow. AND TONS MORE! All good quality. It's hard to find a good place to watch Game of Thrones and others for free online, but this ones good =) ENJOY! YOUR WELCOME ;)