REDSLITHER

Reptiles, Games, Game Reviews, Information, Forum, Blogs, Download links and more...

Forums

Forum Home > Why does Nintendo Ban fan made games? > Pokemon Prism- why was it banned???

REDSLITHER
Site Owner

POKEMON PRISM

Why was it banned by Nintendo? especially after 3 years in the making!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-oCCS74d-s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-oCCS74d-s" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Download Pokemon Prism Here. (not uploaded by me but checked out as safe) the video provides the link so that you can see its source.)

About Prism

A Gameboy Color Crystal Rom Hack

Made by Koolboyman

"It's the sequel of Pokémon Brown, therefore, there are new Elemental Types and new TM's. You can travel to Rijon for a second quest. The Pokédex has 252 Pokemon, including some from each of the first four generations. The game includes new mini-games and plot points in which the player controls a Pokémon." You play as the child of Lance and get Larvitar as your starter. 

On December 21, 2016, Nintendo sent a cease & desist order which ended the game's development. However, an anonymous user on 4chan leaked v0.91 (build 0144) of the game, the leaked build is from December 19, 2016.

SO Why Banned?

It's not like Prism is using their recent pokemon games or anything, so why? it seems pretty harmless to me especially considering there are probably atleast 100 other fan made pokemon games out there floating around. who cares that alot of people saw it?

they SAY its a hack fan made game, its not like theyre claiming rights or anything. IN FACT i think they should be looking to the GENIUSES for EMPLOYMENT! yah you heard me. They should be HIRING THESE FAN GAME MAKERS! Clearly they are skilled.

They should have a contest whoever makes the fan made game (that they deem the best one) should get a chance to work with nintendo. If theyre really bent on thinking that fan games are hurting them so much they could require that fan games be sold for like $2 and that they get half or whatever. id be okay with paying 2$.

although Nintendo doesn't really need the money and i find it terrible that they threaten to sue kids.... especially when they're dedicated fans! 

What does everyone else think? Anyone have some insider Info to answer these questions? Does anyone know Nintendo's reasons? If i find out i will let you know. =) Thanks for reading!

--

REDSLITHER

December 26, 2016 at 1:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

469 views - 0 comments

Featured Products

No featured products

Subscribe To Our Site

CHAT

Outside Links

Pythonregius.com: AKA Constrictors Unlimited. Mike Wilbanks is a well known Ball python breeder. He is my main source of ball pythons for those of you who want snakes like mine this is your "go to " guy. =]

Zoids Battle Legends guide for Gamecube : This guide tells you how to unlock special characters, zoids and other game modes. ZOIDS BATTLE LEGENDS is gamecube exclusive and also really hard to get now.

AnimeFever.org: A website dedicated to all anime shows. You can find almost everything here. =] They even have all the seasons of awesome anime shows. Recently undergone some changes. Check it out.

SHUSH.SE Watch Game of Thrones FREE : its more than just game of thrones, there are other TV series such as The Walking Dead, Lost, Teen Wolf, American Horror Story, The Vampire Diaries, The Office, True Blood, and even older ones like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Supernatural, Charmed, South Park, and two of my favorites Once Upon A Time and Sleepy Hollow. AND TONS MORE! All good quality. It's hard to find a good place to watch Game of Thrones and others for free online, but this ones good =) ENJOY! YOUR WELCOME ;)